The I2C Framework module is a high-level API for I2C Framework applications and is implemented on sf_i2c. The I2C HAL module configures the I2C peripheral to enable serial communication to be used by the framework. The I2C Framework module uses the I2C and SCI peripherals on the Synergy MCU. A user-defined callback can be created to add user-defined interrupt handling.
The I2C Framework supports the following features:
- ThreadX aware framework.
- Handles integration and synchronization of multiple I2C peripherals on the I2C bus.
- Provides single interface to access both SCI I2C and RIIC drivers.
- The I2C framework module configures I2C communication in master mode.
- The I2C framework module supports three data rates- 100 kHz, 400 kHz and 1 MHz.
- The I2C framework module supports both 7-bit addressing and 10-bit addressing.
- The I2C framework module also provides support for callbacks.
- The callback structure i2c_callback_args_t also provides the number of bytes that were sent or received.
- Implemented by Simple I2C on SC and IIC.
The I2C Framework module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the I2C Framework module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here
Module Guide Resources
The following application projects (for HAL and Framework I2C implementations) are available from the Synergy Gallery. You can find them in the zip file located on the right side of the page here
- PDC Capture LCD DK-S7G2 with SSP 1.2.0
The following application projects are available from the Renesas web site at the referenced url.
- PDC Web Camera Getting Started Guide - Application Project here.
- PE-HMI1 GUIX "Hello World"- Application Project here.
- SK-S7G2 GUIX "Hello World"- Application Project here.
- Refer to the most recent release notes for known issues, available here.
|I2C Framework module on sf_i2c (SSP 1.2.0)|