Information on the module guide itself and the associated resources and known issues are available here.
The Console Framework is a complete API implementation for a menu-driven console command line interface (CLI) using the ThreadX RTOS. The Console Framework module uses a lower-level communications interface which connects to a hardware option for either UART, USB or Ethernet Telnet connectivity. The Console Framework module has a user-defined menu of commands and various APIs to present a prompt, identify and issue a callback for menu commands, and read, write, and parse input strings.
The Console Framework module supports the following features:
- Creation of a menu based command line interface
- Sub-menus and navigation through multiple menus in a single call
- Menu navigation to go up to the parent menu or back to the root
- A help menu for each menu
- Writing NULL terminated strings and reading until return character is received
- An API to help parse arguments to the command line
- Case insensitive inputs
The console framework module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The console framework module guide describes what the sf_console module does, how to add it to your project, how to configure it, the associated APIs and provides an application project with a code walk through so you can quickly learn how to use the Console Framework module in your own design. We recommend that you have the SSP ISDE open and inspect the module stack, configuration information and code while reading over the application project description.
The most recent versions of the Console Framework module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here
Module Guide Resources
- The Developer Examples project uses the console framework to implement a complex multi-level menu and control interface to exercise the APIs for many Synergy modules. This project serves as a convenient 'bench' for testing and observing individual module API functions in operation. You can find a Knowledge Base article that describes the Developer Examples and how to create a project using the template here.
- A video showing a simple example of the console framework in action is available here.
- Refer to the SSP release notes for current known issues, available here
|Console Framework on sf_console module (SSP 1.2.0)|