The I2C Master on RIIC HAL module is a high-level API for I2C Master applications and is implemented on r_riic. The I2C Master RIIC module uses the IIC peripheral on the Synergy MCU. Callbacks are provided for transmit complete and receive complete.
This module supports selecting the following features:
- Support for I2C RIIC operations
- I2C fast-mode (400 kHz)
- I2C fast-mode plus (1 MHz on channel 0 of S7G2 and S5D9 MCU families)
- Initialization of the module
- Read from a slave device
- Write to a slave device
- Reset the I2C peripheral
- Set the address of the slave device
- Callback support
- Transfer aborted
- Transmit complete (number of bytes transmitted provided)
- Receive complete (number of bytes received provided)
The I2C Master HAL module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and above and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the I2C Master HAL module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here.
Module Guide Resources
The following application projects are available from the Renesas web site at the referenced url.
- Getting Started with the Weather Panel Application - Application Project here.
- SSP Project Template DK-S124 Out-of-Box Programming Guide here.
- Refer to the most recent SSP release notes for known issues, available here.