Information on the module guide itself and the associated resources and known issues are available here.
The I/O Port HAL module is a high-level API for controlling I/O pins and is implemented on r_ioport. The I/O Port HAL module configures the board’s pins and provides functions for manipulating them. The operating state of the I/O pins can be set via the Synergy configurator. When the Synergy project is built, a pin configuration file is created, and when the application runs, the BSP will configure the IO port accordingly, using the same APIs detailed in this document.
This module configures one or more I/O pins. The direction of the pin or pins can be configured along with a number of other options provided as follows:
- Drive strength
- Event edge trigger (falling, rising or both)
- Whether the pin is to be used as an IRQ pin
- Whether the pin is to be used as an analog pin
- Whether the pin is to be used as a peripheral pin and which peripheral
The module also provides the following functionality:
- Changes the direction of one or more pins on a port
- Writes to one or more pins on a port
- Reads from one or more pins on a port
- Sets event output data
- Reads event input data
The I/O Port HAL module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and above and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the I/O Port HAL module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here.
Module Guide Resources
The following application projects are available from the Renesas web site at the referenced url.
- Bluetooth Low Energy on DK-S7G2 and DK-S3A7 - Application Project here.
- PE-HMI1 GUIX "Hello World" - Application Project here.
- Renesas Synergy™ Project DK-S3A7 Segment LCD Display Example here.
- SK-S7G2 GUIX "Hello World" - Application Project here.
- Renesas Synergy™ Project DK-S124 Simple Record/Playback here.
- SSP Project Template DK-S124 Out-of-Box Programming Guide here.
- Renesas Synergy™ Project DK-S124 Simple Tone Generator here.
- User Button/CTSU Button Application - Application Project here.
- The I/O Port HAL module is used in the Developer Examples available for the DK-S7G2. You can find a Knowledge Base article that describes the Developer Examples and how to use them here.
- Refer to the most current SSP release notes for any known issues.